Check out my great webmaster tools!
I will list some of the better tools and online applications here once I get them all together and ready to sell. In the mean time, I take orders for any type of online tool, application or program and am happy to make them special for your individual needs. Custom solutions are my specialty. Send me an email at email@example.com explaining what you need and I’ll reply promptly with a solution. Thank you!
-Ian L. Lead Programmer
FSDB Flat Simple DataBase
FSDB is a very simple flat file database application for smaller applications. FSDB as an extremely small footprint at just under 20Kb. The current version is for simple data tables only such as:
Notice there is a single row of data. I’ve expanded it to be able to handle multiple rows of data in the pro version listed next. This demo version can only be used for applications that use single row data tables such as user admins, site settings, etc.
DOWNLOAD FSDB (size 8Kb)
FSDB Installation Instructions
- Download FSDB.zip to your desktop and extract the files on your desktop
- Upload the unzipped FSDB folder to your web root such as example.com/ so your database directory would be example.com/FSDB/
- Once uploaded, go here http://example.com/FSDB/cwd.php to get the directory to use for configuring your installation. For example, I installed FSDB on jafty.com so I went to http://jafty.com/FSDB/cwd.php and the result of that page was: current working directory: /home/jaftycom/public_html/FSDB so you copy everything until just before “FSDB” to your clipboard for the next step.
- Use your favorite FTP editor to download db_functions.php file from the FSDB directory on your server to your desktop and open it with a .txt editor such as notepad or notepad++. Find the $FSDBpath directory at the top of the file and paste what you copied from the last step in between the parenthesis so it will look something like this: $FSDBpath = “/home/jaftycom/public_html/” making sure it has a slash as the last character as in my example. Save db_functions.php and upload back to the FSDB folder allowing it to overwrite the original file.
- Then navigate to the FSDB directory using your browser, so mine was at http://jafty.com/FSDB/ and you can start using your FSDB database app! It should look like the below screenshot:
Go pro for only $15.99 and get everything you need to manage almost any basic database driven app. FSDB PRO offers multiple rows of data and additional data handling functions that are designed to compete with Mysql, but that still have a much much lighter footprint for cases where you need a simple and light database solution. Email Ian today at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to purchase the pro version.
Here are some images of apps I’ve created recently:
This was an automated Chat application I developed: