In this post, I am going to show you how to fix those annoying jagged edges in transparent images using Gimp, a free open source drawing program comparable to Photoshop in many aspects.
- use the fuzzy select tool to select your drawing.
- Click “Select” then “border” and select border by 2 px.
- Click “Filters” then “blur” then “Gaussian Blur” and give it a 4px Gaussian blur.
- Make sure the image is selected and click “Select” then “grow” and grow by 1px.
- with the image still selected, click “select” then “to path” and click delete.
- If you had a path to select, this should be done. if not or id still doesn’t look write, undo last step and click “filter” then “blur” and apply another Gaussian blur starting at 4px and experiment until it looks good, this will blur out the jagged edges when you export the image.
That is all there is to it. Practice with some of these techniques until you perfect the process and you will be golden.